Saturday, September 20, 2008

Things about the "mom" in me.

I’ve discovered that I have some personality traits that are not intrinsic to my nature. I find this odd when I am sitting in class doing a little personal reflection (obviously NOT paying attention. It’s Saturday morning. Come on, now). Anyway, a couple quirks and things I do….

I eat my lunch in my car and watch the children at school on the playground. And when I say “children”, I mean my kids, and the neighborhood kids. Just want to see how my children are interacting, and if they have friends. And if they are wearing coats. Etc.
I have chickens.
I kiss other people’s kids. Well, the kids of my friends. I braid their hair. I buy them stuff.
I wipe butts. Pick noses, clean out ears.
I grocery shop. I freak out if we’re out of milk. I buy fruit snacks.
I do laundry every day.
I have a band (wii rockband, obviously) called momma’s minis.
I buy censored music, never the explicit.
I pee with the door open, cuz if I don’t someone is bound to come knocking.
I have anywhere from six to twelve children running around my house on school short days.
I camp. With four kids and two dogs.
I wear a helmet.
I’m in college. Still.
I have memberships to the Zoo, the museum of Natural History, the Planetarium, Thanksgiving
Point.
I google things about spiders, rodents, chickens, lizards….
I have lots of excess body fat. And wide hips.
I make themed birthday parties.
I cry.
I sometimes wake up with two kids, two dogs and two cats in my bed, and I can't move.
I’m not saying these are bad things. Just interesting, how much I have changed in the past ten years. I bet you can’t wait to have kids of your own….

No comments: